With safety as its first priority, the organization encourages all salon owners and workers to follow instructions set by the CDC, including washing hands regularly, encouraging staff to stay home when sick and disinfecting frequently.
Refer to the following precautions set by Cosmetologists Chicago to ensure that your salon remains secure during this anxious time:
- Wipe down stations and chairs with anti-bacterial wipes after each appointment
- Utilize new, fresh supplies with each client where possible
- Never re-use disposable supplies
- Wash hands after each client interaction
- Disinfect lobby areas and cashier stations
- Wear and dispose of gloves after each client
Despite other tradeshows and events being cancelled, America’s Beauty Show is currently still on! ABS is a three-day event bringing together salon owners, cosmetologists and more to celebrate and exhibit their skills. The show has been around for 95+ years and is expected to bring in 70,000 attendees this year.
Cosmetologists Chicago is closely monitoring the situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will be notifying members no later than Friday, March 20th with additional information regarding the show’s status.
Click here for more ways to keep your salon space safe and clean for yourself and your clients during this time.