If you’ve been wondering whether or not wearing HD lace frontal wigs irritates the scalp, we have good news for you: it doesn’t have to! If you are new to the wig industry and don’t know what we are talking about, HD lace frontal wigs are wigs that are made of high-definition lace. Usually this lace is a royal lace that is ultra-thin, invisible, undetectable, and more transparent than ordinary lace, suitable for all skin tones. HD lace frontal wigs work to create the perfect illusion of hair growing directly out from your scalp.
HD lace frontal wigs have become a popular option. Why? Because they have a super realistic look, some require no glue installation making it very easy for beginners in the space, and they are relatively comfortable. Except when they aren’t.
If your HD lace frontal wig is irritating your scalp, there may be a few causes, such as wearing an incorrectly fitted-, poorly constructed-, or poor quality wig, and/or the wrong adhesive. Here are a few tips to ensure that you prevent scalp irritation.
- Choose wigs that are made with materials that do not cause skin irritations:
- When shopping for a wig, it is important to select one that has been constructed using the highest quality materials. Make sure to pick a wig made with breathable fibers, and that fits your head properly.
- Avoid wearing wigs for too long:
- It is also important not to wear an HD lace frontal wig for more than 8-10 hours at a time. This will give your scalp a chance to breathe and help prevent skin irritation.
- Only use products that are specifically designed for wigs:
- Be sure to only use brushes, combs, and styling products that have been specially designed for use on HD lace frontal wigs. This will help reduce the amount of friction between the wig and the scalp, decreasing the risk of irritation.
- Take extra care when removing your wig:
- It is important to be gentle and patient when taking off your wig. Make sure to carefully detangle the strands before gently removing them from your head. This will help reduce the chances of hairs getting pulled in the process and causing discomfort or irritation.
- Seek professional help if needed:
- If your scalp is still suffering from irritation even after taking all of these precautions, it may be time to seek the assistance of a professional wig fitter. They will be able to identify the cause of the issue and provide you with solutions that are tailored to your specific needs. With their help, you can get back to enjoying your HD lace frontal wig without any discomfort or irritation.
- Be sure to glue the wig in the right position:
- When attaching your HD lace frontal wig, it is important to be sure that you glue the hairpiece in the right position. If it is not correctly positioned, this may result in it being too tight and causing scalp irritation. Additionally, make sure to use a breathable adhesive and avoid putting glue directly on your skin. This can help reduce the likelihood of skin irritation or even burns.
By following these helpful tips, you can reduce the likelihood of your scalp suffering from discomfort or irritation when wearing an HD lace frontal wig. Keep in mind to always select high-quality wigs made with breathable materials and to seek professional help if necessary.
With proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy your HD lace frontal wig for years to come! If HD lace frontal wigs are still not for you, you can also try out a ready to wear v part wig or u part wig that can be installed effortlessly, protecting your natural hair and scalp. Happy styling!