Celebrity and editorial hairstylist Lacy Redway was among the first to use the just-launched Supersonic r hair dryer at NYFW. Putting Dyson’s smallest, lightest, and highest-performance styling innovation to work at the Christian Siriano AW24 presentation, Redway was “obsessed” with the tool.
“For this shows glam, my inspiration for the look quite literally is a reflection of Christian’s collection. When I first saw the clothes, I wanted to mirror the designs in the hair look while also indulging in blunt and unique textures that created a fun and futuristic look,” said Redway. She continued, “I’m very particular about how clean the finish of this look is. The Dyson Supersonic r Professional hair dryer enables me to achieve that with the precise and intelligent attachments, delivering optimal heat and airflow.”
Scroll for a detailed breakdown on how to create the key looks from the show.
Get the Look:
- Lacy prepped the hair with TRESemme One Step Blow-out Cream, TRESemme Keratin Smooth Weightless Heat Protection Spray and TRESemme Extra Hold Mousse to hydrate and protect hair against heat.
- Next, create a deep center part and control flyaway strands with TRESemme Extra Hold Mousse. Use a flat paddle brush and the new Dyson Supersonic r with the styling concentrator attachment in the high air flow and high heat.
- Then you blow dry and smooth down the hair and secure it into a coiffed ponytail with an elastic. Apply TRESemme Mega Control Gel down the center part and apply speckles of gold leaf.
- Saturate the ponytail with the TRESemme Mega control Gel and then fold the hair twice onto itself to form a rectangular flat bun. Secure hair into place with hair pins.
- Speckle gold leaf onto the top of the bun using TRESemme Mega Control Gel.
- Then use the Dyson Supersonic r with the flyaway attachment in the high air flow and low heat settings to make sure the specks are set and TRESemme Keratin Smooth Weightless Silky Shine Spray to smooth the flyaways all over to achieve an effortlessly silky shine.
The Dyson Supersonic r dryer will be available to purchase by professional stylists only starting in April 2024. Sign up for the waitlist now!