The beauty industry’s best and brightest stars, from across the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, came together on Monday, October 30 for Wella Company’s “The He(ART) of Hair” event at the Aria Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. An immersive celebration of passion, inspiration, and artistry, the sold out event also featured the annual 2023 Beauty Envision Awards presented by TrendVision.
To kick off the show, three Wella executives—including Yannis Rodocanachi, President for the Americas; Lori Pantel, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for North America; and Carole Protat, Senior Director of Brand Education, Artists, and Events—spoke of the company’s commitment to artistry, professionals at every level of their careers, and the trends established by the beauty industry.
“Stylists are the heart and soul of Wella Company,” said Rodocanachi. “We are committed to being their partners by enabling stylists to be the best at their craft through a harmonious fusion of artistry, science, and creativity.”
Attendees of the event were entertained by dazzling presentations from Wella North America Ambassadors, Global Artists, and Sebastian Global Artists who shared cutting-edge techniques and inspiring looks as they showcased their creative skills and demonstrated on live models. Sonya Dove and Daniel Mora focused on Brunettes and Reds, while Zach Mesquit and Dereq Clark covered Ultimate Blondes. James Earnshaw and Briana Cisneros captivated the audience with their Creative Color demo and Anthony Cole and Marylle Koken wowed with their Cut & Styles presentation.
To close out the show, Protat returned to the stage to announce the winners of the 2023 Beauty Envision Awards. For the unfamiliar, the Beauty Envision Awards is the ultimate competition for beauty professionals looking to elevate their skills, showcase their creativity, and envision the next era of beauty.
For this year’s ceremony, 39 finalists were narrowed down from thousands of entries via online submissions. The competition’s categories were broken down across Cut, Color, Style, and Nails, with diverse sub-categories within. All of the artists were tasked with creating entries inspired around the theme of “Neo Flex”, which challenged them to dig deep into their arsenal of abilities to find flexibility and strength in softness. The prizes at stake? Along with being recognized as a top industry artist, the winners also received a $1,000 Visa gift card and a full Wella Education certification journey (valued at $6,500). Plus, US and Canadian TrendVision Color and Creative artists also received attendance to the International TrendVision Awards Creative Retreat.
If you’re curious who took home the top awards in each category, keep scrolling for the complete list of winners from the 2023 Beauty Envision Awards.
- Student Cut: Allen Atkinson, Olge School—Fort Worth, TX
- Creative Cut: Jaclyn Coladonato, Mania Hair Studio—Norwalk, CT
- Ready to Wear Cut: Georgia Bolton, The Harlot Salon—Los Angeles, CA
- Student Style: OcKiah Johnson, Bellus Academy—San Diego, CA
- Editorial Style: Keisha Mines, LaMace Visions—Chesterfield, VA
- Curls and Coils Style: Katie Manselle, Culture Hair Studio—Durham, NC
- Bridal Style: Anjela Drobot, High Society Salon—New York, NY
- Student Nail: Alecia Hayes, Hays Academy of Hair Design—Hays, KS
- Gel Nail: Kaitlynn Mounce, Ogle School—Denton, TX
- Creative Nail: Ruby Armendariz, Ogle School—San Antonio, TX
- Student Color: Amy Howard, Hays Academy of Hair Design—Collyer, KS
- Creative Color: Erika Farisa, Bellus Academy—San Diego, CA
- Ready to Wear Color: Kara Kessner, The Harlot Salon— Los Angeles, CA
- Transformation Color: Regan Wasson, Glow Hair Studio—Ottawa, Canada
- Curls and Coils Color: Katie Manselle, Culture Hair Studio—Durham, NC
People’s Choice Awards
- Christina Belle Nicolaides, Gingersnap Salon—Sudbury, Ontario Canada
For more information and to view the 2023 Beauty Envision Awards replay, be sure to check out @wellaeducation on Instagram.