With bold and bright colors flooding the requests at salons, Paul Mitchell has launched Colorways, a new collection of semi-permanent pigments to meet the demand. These nine intermixable shades include a verdant green, cooling aqua, and even hot pink to fit the current craze. To celebrate this new color collection, Paul Mitchell is holding a brand-new contest via Instagram, creating opportunities for color artists to show their mastered techniques of color application using Colorways products.
Paul Mitchell teamed up with Lead Brand Ambassador Fern Andong who is well known for wild designs and bold colors to announce the color collection launch and contest. Speaking about Colorways, Andong says: “It’s essential to have Colorways in your salon or barber shop; it allows you, the artist, to offer another service to your guests that want to get creative and express themselves with bright hair color. I’m excited about Colorways because I now have a product that offers me a superior semi-permanent formula in the shades I need. Hair color artists will enjoy playing with Colorways to get those expressive fashion tones.”
If you’re a colorist that’s ready to put your skills to the test, keep scrolling for more information on how to enter the contest, the list of prizes, and a helpful step-by-step on how to apply Colorways shades.
How to Enter Contest:
- All artists must post their Colorways creation on Instagram between August 1st, 2023 – September 30, 2023
- To be considered, use the hashtag #PMColorYourWay and tag @PaulMitchellPro
- Make sure to include which Colorways shades were used in the caption of your post
- Can be done on a model or mannequin head
- A Colorways 3-D Crystal Award
- Personalized virtual hair color class with Paull Mitchell’s Artistic Director of Pro Hair Color Colin Caruso
- Help create a new Colorways shade and more
How To Apply Colorways:
- Colorways shades can be used separately, mixed, or matched. Add the Clear Diluter to create different tints, with a 1:1 or 1:2 dilution, depending on desired outcome.
- Add to dry, freshly shampooed hair. It is recommended to add to hair that’s been pre-lightened for best results. For information about pre-lightening, click here.
- Allow processing for 30 minutes.
- Rinse hair with cool water, no shampoo or conditioner needed.
- Avoid washing with hot water and excessive use of heat styling tools to maintain the full color potential. Paul Mitchell recommended using color-safe products like Paul Mitchell® Color Protect Shampoo, Conditioner, Treatment and Locking spray to keep those colors bright.