If you’ve ever wondered whether life in plastic is really as fantastic as it seems, now’s your chance to dive head first into Barbie’s pastel pink world and see for yourself.
As of April 14th, Mattel and its partners, Kilburn Live and IMG, have officially welcomed the World of Barbie to Santa Monica, California. Thanks to this dreamy one-of-a-kind immersive experience, Barbie fans of all ages can finally live out their fantasy of stepping foot inside the iconic doll’s legendary Dreamhouse as well as many other picture-perfect spots in her dreamworld. So, get ready to cue Aqua’s “Barbie Girl”, because World of Barbie will totally make you feel like a Barbie Girl living in the Barbie world—a life-sized one, at that.
This 20,000 square-foot world of pink is full of an array of interactive installations for guests to explore, including:
- Barbie Dreamhouse: Guests can check out the exquisitely designed rooms of the life-size Barbie dreamhouse—complete with a patio, pool, and walk-in closets filled with clothing from decades of iconic Barbie fashion history.
- Paul Mitchell Salon: In partnership with Paul Mitchell, guests can try out Barbie’s favorite looks at this interactive dream salon, as well as enjoy Barbie-glam hairstyling from Paul Mitchell pros on select days. Plus, they can grab their favorite Paul Mitchell products which will be sold onsite.
- Barbie Camper Van: Fans can take the driver’s seat in this full-size camper van, built by leading car customization shop, West Coast Customs, or simply relax in a hammock.
- Fashion Studio: Guests will have the chance to walk the pink carpet and pose inside of the six Barbie boxes.
- TV Studio: Visitors can step onto the set and become a news anchor delivering headlines in front of various TV studio backdrops, interviewing their guests, or giving the weather report.
- Space Center: Visitors will be able to board a Barbie space shuttle to interact with mission control and travel to several interstellar destinations.
- Movie Theater: Guests can also step into the neighborhood movie theater where classic Barbie will be played.
Along with these perfectly pink installations and IG-worthy photo moments, Barbie fans can also experience a bespoke Barbie exhibit where they can see how Barbie, her Dreamhouse, and her various vehicles have evolved over the time. They’ll also have the opportunity to learn more about how she became the number one doll worldwide.
But, that’s not all. Exclusive to L.A., World of Barbie will be hosting a number of special events and after-hour celebrations. For example, every Sunday will be a Movie Day where Barbie animated movies will be playing in the movie theater and popcorn will be available. There will be a “Pink Carpet Night” where guests can dress in their best “Barbiecore” outfits and enjoy a night of dancing, refreshments at the snack bar, and even walk the pink carpet. Lastly, there will be a reoccurring “Sips After Sunset” event hosted by special guest influencers, offering fun cocktails and an on-site DJ.
Ready to visit Barbie’s world? Tickets for the World of Barbie experience in L.A. are now on sale and prices start at $34 for adults and $26 for children. Special discounts are available for military, students, first responders, and seniors. To purchase tickets, be sure to visit theworldofbarbie.com.
And, to stay updated on Paul Mitchell x World of Barbie Salon, be sure to follow both @paulmitchell and @worldofbarbietour on Instagram.