The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is delighted to announce the 34th annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) finalists. The merited finalists of the prestigious professional beauty competition were revealed on February 1st in Scottsdale, Arizona.
NAHA honors the salon industry’s top artists who push the boundaries of skill and creativity, and 2023 was no exception. For this year’s competition, finalists competed across 14 creative and inspirational categories of hair, makeup, and education excellence, all in hopes of winning a coveted NAHA award. The competition was composed of extraordinary collections ranging from edgy Avant Garde all the way to fashion-forward Editorial and nuanced Texture. Over the course of three rounds, collections are judged by a panel of esteemed experts in hairdressing and makeup artistry, not only scoring contestants on technical skill, but also cohesiveness and creativity.
“The 2023 North American Hairstyling Award finalists exemplify the pinnacle of excellence in the industry,” shares Nina Daily, PBA’s Executive Director. “Year after year, we continue to be amazed by the elevation of submissions demonstrated by these talented artists.”
Below are all the NAHA 2023 finalists!
Barber of the Year:
Editorial Stylist of the Year:
Educator of the Year:
Hairstylist of the Year:
Inspiring Salon of the Year:
- Prolific Styles of Art Beauty and Barber Salon
- Hair is Happiness
- Logan Parlor
- Crawford Master Stylists Ltd.
- Panache An Aveda Salon and Spa
Makeup Artist of the Year:
Master Hairstylist of the Year:
Student Hairstylist of the Year:
Styling and Finishing:
Team of The Year:
- Derrick Rutherford & Julio Rodriguez
- Team Vortex: Jamie McDaniel, Joe Chesbro, Anne Chesbro, Laura Frazier, Manda Ziegelman and Suzanne Sturm.
- JCPenney Salon Design Team: Jaimee Harris Smith, Brendnetta Ashley and Brittany Brown
- Nurtur Aveda Institutes: Laura Vaughn, Taylor Fultz, Niki Stover, Erin Gates, Joseph Garcia, Marie Pannell-Biggs and Stephanie Huntsman
- Hair Biz and Beyond: Laura Gunter, Anthony Negron, Galyna Poczciwinski, Stacy Anne and Danielle Keasling
The competition culminates in an industry-wide celebration of artistry at the NAHA ceremony, held in conjunction with Premiere Anaheim, on Sunday, April 2, 2023, in Anaheim, CA. The 2023 NAHA ceremony will feature artistic presentations by Ulta, Ashtae, CBC Collective, and Cassie Carey, the 2022 NAHA Hairstylist of the Year.
For more information about the competition, be sure to click here.