The models of Miami Swim Week offered up mucho inspiration for summer hairstyles that will stun —in sun and surf. The Tease connected with UNITE Hair‘s Creative Director and lead hairstylist, Gary Baker, to share three of his favorite hair trends straight from the runways. Scroll for detailed instructions on how to recreate these red hot looks, including exactly which products he used!
Barbiecore is everywhere, especially the Miami Swim Week runway for Lovechell Swim & Resort Wear. Models sported major volume, half-up ponytails and Barbie-inspired touches from hair to toe. See Gary’s breakdown below.
Get the Look:
- “Once the hair is completely curled, take the top section from ears up and use MAXCONTROL Spray ($32.00) to slick back the top section into a high ponytail. This strong-hold, flake-free hairspray delivers a powerful, yet brushable hold and a beautiful satin finish.
- Take sections of the ponytail and spray MAXCONTROL Spray at the base and start to back comb the hair to build volume, fullness and hold.
- To finish, use TEXTURIZA SPRAY ($37.50) to separate the curls and add texture and fullness for the ultimate Barbie hair inspiration.”
There’s no hairstyle more perfect for summer than beachy waves. The models at Pinkmelon Swimwear’s runway show sported the effortless looking and eternally cool hairstyle. Keep scrolling for Gary’s pro tips on how to recreate.
Get the Look:
- “On dry hair, use BOOSTA Finishing Spray to spray each section of your hair and go in with a curling iron or wand. This amplifying hairspray not only adds instant volume and hold, but also long-lasting high shine.
- After the entire head is curled, spray LIQUID Volume ($32.00) at the roots and back comb for maximum volume at the root. This innovative texture spray can be used on wet or dry hair and delivers instant volume, definition, and hold.
- Finish the look with a dime size amount of SMOOTH&SHINE Styling Cream ($30.00) to comb out the curls with your fingers to create a piecey beach wave with beautiful shine. This versatile styling cream contains argan oil, crushed pearls and coconut to hydrate, nourish, protect, and shine, and organic Hawaiian white honey to revitalize and add strength.”
Wet and Wild
Get the Look:
- “Apply EXPANDA Volume ($32.00) at the hairline and throughout the roots using clips to create shape. This targeted, volumizing spray foam adds lift, volume, and hold directly to the root, making it ideal for fine or lifeless locks.
- Use a blow dryer to set your desired shape as you continue to comb the hair back. Blow drying will seal the product into your hair, holding this slicked-back look in place all day and night.
- Finish by spraying the flexible-hold Le:Play Hairspray ($33.00) all over to tame frizz and flyaways, and add a satin finish.”