With Grammys week comes endless hair inspiration from our favorite celebrities and their glam teams. At the moment, we’ve been loving what we’ve been seeing hair-wise from Tony Award winner and Power Book III: Raising Kanan star, Hailey Kilgore. The actress recently appeared at the Recording Academy’s Women Hear event where she performed “Hold Me” from her debut album, Heartbreak and Healing.
For the big moment, Kilgore sported a super chic and sleek hairstyle that was crafted by celebrity hairstylist Monae Everett using the Creme of Nature Argan Oil from the brand’s Morocco line. The Tease was lucky enough to get a styling breakdown from Everett on how she achieved Kilgore’s “modern day glam” look. Keep reading for all the details.
Get the Look:
- We started with The Strength & Shine Leave-in Conditioner, which I always suggest for detangling before smoothing hair to lock in moisture.
- Then, I applied The Perfect 7 as a heat protectant that not only shields hair up to 450 degrees but also tackles frizz.
- Knowing Kilgore would be hitting the red carpet, I used the Anti-Humidity Gloss & Shine Mist before blow drying her hair with a flat brush.
- When her hair was about 80% dry, I added a few drops of the Heat Protector Smooth & Shine Polisher for extra moisture and shine.
- After curling her hair with a 1.5 inch iron and combing out the curls with my Creme of Nature wide tooth comb, I finished the look with a light spritz of Anti-Humidity Gloss & Shine Mist. It’s my go-to for touch-ups during the red carpet, her performance, and the photoshoot.
Pro tip: Mix different protective and styling products to keep naturally curly hair strong and healthy post-blowout.
For more of Everett’s stunning celebrity hairstyling work, be sure to follow @monaeartistry on Instagram.