With another stunning red carpet showing, celebrity hairstylist Alexander Armand proves he’s one of the most demand in the business. For the 28th Annual Critics Choice Awards, Armand worked with long-time client, and nominee + winner, Quinta Brunson creating a top not that could not be topped. A bun that could not be beat. We could go on and on. That it made our best of, was, simply put, a no-brainer.
“For Quinta’s stunning Critics Choice Awards look, we wanted to go with a classy, chic, yet edgy bun. I wanted to play off her dress, mimicking the fabric with her bun by creating height and flare.”
- I prepped the hair by washing and conditioning Quinta’s hair with the Maui Moisture Strength & Length + Castor & Neem Oil Shampoo & Conditioner to infuse strength, hydration and smoothness—the perfect foundation for the look.
- Next I used the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer with the Olivia Garden NanoThermic Ceramic + Ion Large Paddle Brush to blow out Quinta’s hair with speed and efficiency.
- Then I went in with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion High Performance Professional Flat Iron at 455 degrees to achieve a super sleek finish.
- Once the hair was straightened, I applied the Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Ultra-Hold Defining Gel throughout for strong, yet flexible hold and brushed the hair up into a sleek ponytail with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme Boar Bristle Brush.
- With the ponytail established, I twisted the hair into a sculptural bun, leaving a few pieces out. For these pieces, I used the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion 5/8″ Professional Travel Flat Iron to create a wispy, fanned out shape that mimicked her dress and gave the final look an edgier feel.
- To finish, I applied a few light sprays of the Maui Moisture Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist for maximum shine and moisture.
If you recreate this look for a client, or for yourself, be sure to tag @readthetease on TikTok and Instagram.