Celebrity hairstylist Ryan Richman created Sadie Sink‘s incredibly Pinterest-worthy polished hairstyle for the 28th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards and we have all the details you need to recreate the look. According to Richman, “… It’s always important to me to keep young people age appropriate on the red carpet. As a team we discussed a lot of fun and edgy hairstyles. In the end shiny and polished hair was the youthfulness we were looking for.”
- To achieve this look, I prepped the damp hair with the Aveda Smooth Infusion Perfect Blow Dry Spray to tame unruly frizz.
- I then moved on to spraying the hair starting at the mid shaft to the ends with the Aveda Heat Relief Thermal Protector and Conditioner Mist to protect hair against heat damage.
- I moved onto blow-drying the hair with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer and used the concentrator nozzle attachment to create a sleek and shiny look.
- I then used the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Speed XL Hairbrush to smooth the hair and perfect the blowout.
- To create a soft loose wave I styled the hair by wrapping flat strands around the NEW! Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion 1.25” Curling Iron.
- We wanted the hair to have a soft wave look, in order to remove body from the initial styling I pulled the ends of each curled section with my fingers while it cooled.
- To secure the loose waves I sprayed the Aveda Air Control Light Hold Hair Spray after each section for a flexible hold.
- Finally, I sprayed the Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray on the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Large Paddle Brush to polish and perfect the look.
If you attempt this look for your next client, or for yourself at home, tag @readthetease on Instagram and TikTok!