If you’ve been hoping to learn more about all things business, including how to stay motivated and develop a winning mindset, you won’t find a better opportunity to do so than at the upcoming Beauty With a Purpose event.
Presented by the Daisie Foundation and Pink Pewter Foundation, Beauty With a Purpose is a one-day industry event that seeks to inspire, empower, and support beauty professionals at all levels of their career through development, networking, and connection. Taking place on Sunday, September 17th in Oak Brook, IL, this must-attend event promises to provide salon pros, barbers, and students with the tools, guidance, inspiration, knowledge, and motivation needed to succeed at every step of their journey. Plus, all proceeds from this event will go towards funding scholarships and grants to be awarded to incoming beauty pros.
The brainchild of Julie Hightower, a founding board member of the Daisie Foundation, and Mireya Villarreal, the founder of Pink Pewter, and its foundation, Beauty With a Purpose was created after the duo partnered for many years with their respective non-profit organizations. Both Hightower and Villarreal had a strong desire to bring the event to the beauty industry.
“We know that it’s not always glitz and glam, when it comes to success,” said Hightower. “So, we have created this day of exposure and are pulling back the curtain so that everyone who comes to the event goes home with a blueprint to success that empowers them and give them tangible information to grow their lives and livelihoods.”
Villarreal added, “All or our speakers that have come together for Beauty With a Purpose are bringing their heart, their spirit of give-back, and their proven track record for success that has earned the right to share their stories of success. We want to give the knowledge you need to stay in the beauty industry and to elevate yourself by attending and being a part of this movement.”
An All-Star Lineup of Speakers From Across the Beauty Industry
As part of the event, a number of influential beauty industry leaders, artists, and brands will be in attendance to serve as panelists, giving back and sharing their blueprint to success. This all-star lineup include presentations by:
- Ben Mollin, The Ben Mollin Project, @thebenmollinproject
- Denise Soler Cox, Project Eñye, @projectenye
- Kim Roxie, Lamik Beauty, @thekimroxie
- Dana Fountain, Beauty Platform Creator, @msdana4hair
- Mireya Villarreal, Pink Pewter, @mireya_villarreal_
- John Mosley, Popular Nobody Brand & Salon Centric #ItTakesaPro, @popular_nobody
- Christopher Aaron, Salon Centric #ItTakesaPro, @christopheraaronstudio
- Jesse (Kirby) Perez Gil, Artisan Hair Sodality, @kirby_hairartisan
- Danielle Keasling, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @danielle.keasling
- Michelle O’Connor, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @michelleoconnorbeauty
- Anna Manukyan, Ulta Beauty Pro Team, Ulta Beauty, @amanukyan
- Adina Pignatare, Digital Content Creator, @adina_pignatare
- Taylor Leven, Barber, Owner of Headspace, @badgirltaytay_
- Julie Hightower, Daisie Foundation, @abetterdaywithjulie
- Corey Gray and Tony Stuart, Your Day Off Podcast, Hairdustry, @hairdustry
- Larry Roberts, Larry’s Barber College, @larrysbarbercollege
- Elizabeth A. Kiracofe, MD, FAAD, Aria Comprehensive Dermatology, @drkiracofemd
- Mr. Johnny Wright, Celebrity Stylist, @johnnywright220
- Lynzie Smith, Common Wealth Collective, @common.wealth.co
- Jenny Strebe, Aiir Professional, @theconfessionsofahairstylist
- Kelly Ehlers, The Tease, @readthetease
Additionally, attendees will be able to unlock insights from the beauty industry’s top leaders during the Executive Q&A Panel including:
- Kareema Wilson, Vice President Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Salon Centric, @saloncentric
- Deneen Pappalardo, SVP of Sales and Education, Benefit Cosmetics, @benefitcosmetics
- Nick Stenson, SVP of Stores and Service Operations, Ulta Beauty, @nickstenson
- Frank Fulco, CEO, America’s Beauty Show by Cosmetologists Chicago, @americasbeautyshow
A Beauty Event That Gives Back
Denis Provenzano, co-owner of Pivot Point Academy in Bloomingdale, IL and of the Wahl Barber Academy in Chicago, IL will be generously sponsoring a Cosmetology full-tuition scholarship and a Barber full-tuition scholarship to two individuals.
Proceeds from the inaugural Beauty With a Purpose event will benefit students of Larry’s Barber College, including struggling stylists, students, and barbers. In addition, grants will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate financial hardship that is preventing them from getting to the next level.
Beauty With a Purpose is definitely one event that you won’t want to miss. To attend, be sure to purchase your tickets at https://pinkpewter.ticketspice.com/beauty-with-a-purpose. And, you’ll want to make sure to use our exclusive discount code, THETEASE, in the coupon code section to receive 20% off your ticket purchase.
All attendees will earn 6 CE Hours + 1 Sexual Harassment CE Credit Hour that is required in Illinois. For all event updates, make sure to follow @beautywithapurposefoundation on Instagram.