Italian actors and real-life friends Beatrice Grannò and Simona Tabasco, along with fellow Italian Sabrina Impacciatore, were the real stars of “The White Lotus” season 2. While stealing from guests on-screen as Mia and Lucia, the pair managed to steal hearts off-screen — and even landed a SKIMS campaign. They didn’t walk the Emmys red carpet together, but they’re forever together in our eyes.
Both teamed up with OLAPLEX to get their hair styled for the much-delayed awards show opting for romantic looks that will hold up every bit as long as the show responsible for bringing them to our attention. The Tease team got the inside scoop on Grannò’s look from celebrity hairstylist Rena Calhoun and on Tabasco’s from Peter Lux. Keep scrolling for each and every step they took in order to recreate these unforgettable styles!
“We were inspired by the dress, it’s really feminine and has floral appliques and sequins, and we wanted it to feel really soft and romantic. It was really just about softness and femininity. She loves volume, so I wanted to give her as much volume as possible. And her bangs are kind of her signature. They’re super cute and frame her face really nicely.” said Calhoun.
Get the Look:
- Rena dampened Beatrice’s hair to give it a completely neutral foundation to work with. “I usually like to do the bangs in the very beginning when the hair is wet because most people have cowlicks in their hairline,” says Rena. She used a wrap-drying technique to brush the bangs into shape.
- Next, Rena took inch-wide sections and sprayed the OLAPLEX Volumizing Blow Dry Mist through the roots while making sure the ends had as little product as possible. Once she sprayed the roots, she rough-dried her hair at medium speed and medium heat. “If you use too high of heat, it can make the hair feel a little too silky and too slippery, and it takes away from me being able to mold it. It’s harder to work with,” she explains.
- Once Beatrice’s hair was 90% dry, Rena used a round brush to create a lift at the root and let that set in a pin curl for about 15 minutes. Then she took it down, brushed it out, and applied a very little amount of OLAPLEX Nº.7 Bonding Oil so the ends looked nice and healthy.
- Next, Rena used a half-inch curling iron and curled small sections throughout while changing directions to make sure the style looked as natural as possible. “By changing directions and curling one way and the next section a different way, nothing looks too uniform,” she says.
- Finally, Rena used Olaplex 4D Clean Volume Dry Shampoo to fluff it out, pulling the strands apart and breaking them up to look even more natural. “By taking some of that uniformity away, it makes it look a little lived-in and softer,” says Rena.
Many of us associate Tabasco with her character’s bob, but she embraced length for the Emmys. According to Lux, the inspiration came directly from the actor. “She was picturing an old Hollywood kind of look with a modern twist to it,” he says. “The look felt so right for the dress she was wearing.”He added, “I feel like this look is never out of fashion, but it’s important to keep it modern and young by keeping the waves longer and retaining movement in the hair.”
Get the Look:
- Peter washed and conditioned Simona’s hair with OLAPLEX No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and OLAPLEX No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner. Next, he applied a generous amount of Volumizing Mist on the roots, followed by five drops of OLAPLEX Nº.7 Bonding Oil through the ends and mid-lengths, and one pump of OLAPLEX Nº.9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum for added heat protection.
- Next, he blow-dried the hair over a natural bristle round brush to seal in the product for maximum shine.
- Then, Peter used a medium-sized curling iron and curled the hair in a forward motion around the barrel and clipped each section. “Once all the hair has been curled I leave it cool out for five minutes,” says Peter.
- After removing the clips, Peter applied a couple of drops of the Nº.7 Bonding Oil through the hair. “I love using the Bonding Oil on wet hair before blow-drying as it provides the hair with nourishment and the shine it leaves on the hair is unmatched. My favorite product to start off any look,” he says.
- For the final step, Peter brushed her hair thoroughly to blend the sections together for a “closed” finish with a mirror shine, and then used hairspray to hold the style in place.