Olivia Rodrigo went full Old Hollywood for the 66th Annual Grammy Awards with a glam side part and waves for days. The GUTS singer and her longtime hairstylist Clayton Hawkins teamed up to create this look, doing something unexpected for music’s biggest night.
Of this style, Hawkins said, “For Olivia’s Grammys glam, we wanted to do something classic that would stand the test of time. Olivia is known for her long cascading waves, but today we just wanted to amp it up in an old Hollywood direction.” And amp it up they did — with the help of Dyson hair tools.
Keep scrolling for the full breakdown including inspo from Hawkins.
Get the Look:
- Clayton started by applying a volumizing mousse to Olivia’s wet hair, specifically her roots, and then began to blow dry her hair using the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer Professional Edition and the professional styling concentrator attachment on medium heat and airflow settings.
- Once the hair was fully dry and smooth, Clayton used the Dyson Airwrap™ Multi-styler with the 1.2 inch Airwrap™ long barrel attachment on medium heat and airflow settings to blowout and curl Olivia’s mohawk section for added volume. Then he set the hair in a velcro roller going away from the face.
- Next, Clayton concentrated on waving Olivia’s hair using the Dyson Corrale™ hair styler straightener on the medium heat setting. He waved her hair in a uniform formation going away from the face.
- After each section, Clayton sprayed a generous amount of extra hold hairspray. Once all of the hair was waved, he let down the velcro roller and brushed out the hair using a wide tooth comb.
- Clayton’s pro tip for achieving Olivia’s old Hollywood style is to keep brushing the hair.
- Lastly, Clayton avoided Olivia’s go-to center part and went for a gorgeous side part.