If there’s one thing that we can be certain of, it’s that Jennifer Lopez will always serve a flawless hair look on the red carpet. Case in point: The actress showed up to the L.A. premiere of her latest wedding rom-com, Shotgun Wedding, on Wednesday night sporting an elegant slicked-back updo that is what bridal hair dreams are made of.
Luckily, we got the full scoop on the look from Lopez’s hairstylist, Andrew Fitzsimons, who gave us a step-by-step product breakdown. Keeping scrolling to learn how to create this bridal-worthy updo.
Get the Look:
- On damp hair, spray Andrew Fitzsimons Hair AF1 Restructuring 10-in-1 Leave-In Conditioner ($14.00) from roots all the way to ends for heat protection.
- Then, add Andrew Fitzsimons Prism Shine Softening Creme ($14.00) for extra hydration and boost shine.
- Make a micro part down the center and begin to pull the hair toward the back of the head, smoothing down the sides with a brush to form a ponytail. Secure with a hair tie.
- Start twisting the ponytail around towards the crown of the head, loop it around the base of the pony, and back down. Secure with hair pins ensuring to hide the ends behind the bun.
- Spray Andrew Fitzsimons Hard Strong Hold Hairspray ($14.00) over the bun and base and use a toothbrush to slick down any flyaways.
- Finish off the look with Andrew Fitzsimons Prism Shine Invisible Shine Hair Spray ($14.00) for the ultimate glossy updo.
If you recreate this look for a client, or for yourself, be sure to tag @readthetease on Instagram.