Dancing with the Stars host Julianne Hough revealed a whole new look for the new year. The triple threat traded serious inches for the ever-popular bob and brightened everything up with the help of celebrity hairstylist, and Nine Zero One Salon co-owner, Riawna Capri. Talk about a transformation!
“We wanted a bright, bold change for the new year, and that we did!” reflects Capri, who says the decision to go for a significant chop had been brewing for months. “One day at Dancing with the Stars, it hit her — she was ready, I could feel it. We instantly started looking at the calendar to see when was best.”
Get the Color:
More than 300 foils with baby slices were expertly placed to create a soft, natural blonde from roots to ends. Hough’s vibrant color transformation was achieved using R+COLOR CHAIRLIFT Powder Lightener from beginning with 5 volume MOMENTUM developer at the nape, gradually increasing to 15 volume and 20 volume as Capri moved toward the crown. The final touch involved toning the blonde to a bright and buttery shade using R+COLOR’s STELLAR Demi-Permanent Liquid 10.6/10V (Lilac) Lilac and 10.0/10N (Icicle).
- 5vol Momentum Developer with Chairlift Powder Lightener around the nape & hairline
- 10vol Momentum Developer with Chairlift Powder Lightener in the middle of the head
- Created 15vol with 10 & 20vol Momentum Developer with Chairlift Powder Lightener
- (1oz) Looking Glass Clear Stellar Demi-Permanent
- (1oz) 10.6/10V Lilac Stellar Demi-Permanent
- (.5oz) 10.0/10N Icicle
- (2.5oz) 5vol Momentum Developer
Get the Style:
The Tease got the scoop on Hough’s daring new style directly from Capri including her go to R+Co Bleu styling products.
- “Before we blow-dried, we first prepped her hair with the F-Layer Deep Conditioning Serum because she just got fresh color, so this cream is perfect because it has treatment properties in it!
- After blow drying that in, and smoothing her hair with a flat iron, we used a lot of Optical Illusion Smoothing Oil throughout every section to make sure each hair was coated with shine!”
- Lastly we applied Elastic Styling Pomade to create a soft texture to keep her hair slightly piecey.”