Mexican pop star, Danna Paola, continues her ascent into superstardom as one of the hosts of the 2023 Latin Grammy Awards. Spending much of the week in Seville, the curious location of the 24th annual awards show, we were treated to lookazos from Paola. No surprise, Paola and her team, including hairstylist Omar Alvarez and makeup artist Emilio Becerril, topped everything for the ceremony — paying homage to Spanish religious iconography.
The Tease connected with Becerril, also a MAC Cosmetics Global Ambassador, and he generously shared their inspiration and the exact products used. Keep scrolling for more.
“As a makeup artist, my goal is to evoke Danna’s essence through our looks. For Latin Grammys we fused her dark essence with different inspirations derived from the Sevillian culture that also reflects Mexican culture,” said Becerril. He added, “We wanted to transport people and have them experience the true spirit of Seville, so we incorporated the ‘smoky’ technique with the dress to convey the message of a phoenix rising from the ashes to re-emerge the best she can, not caring about pleasing anyone but herself.”
Get the Look:
- M·A·C Studio Radiance Serum-Powered Foundation NC20 & NC35
- M·A·C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC10 & NC42
- M·A·C Stack Mascara in Black Waterproof
- M·A·C Glow Play Blush in So Natural
- M·A·C Pro Longwear Fluidline Eye Liner and Brow Gel in Blacktrack (smoked out to not be a wing but more a straight liner to do a sleepy & sultry eye)
- M·A·C Eye Shadow in Carbon (to set and smoke)
- M·A·C Liquidlast 24-Hr Waterproof Liner (to define and edge)
- M·A·C Eye Shadow in Strike A Pose (on lid)
- M·A·C Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Groundwork (as base)
- M·A·C Pigment in Rose
- M·A·C Lip Liner in Stone
- M·A·C Lipstick in Thanks, It’s MAC (with a bit of concealer on the center of the lip, topped with Lip Conditioner)