2023 Oscars best actress nominee Ana de Armas wasn’t channeling Marilyn Monroe on the champagne carpet. She was channeling Cher!
According to celebrity hairstylist Jenny Cho, Ana’s Oscars hair was inspired by her Louis Vuitton gown — Cher too, but more on that below. “The bottom of the dress was embellished with what looked like fallen flower petals and morning dew – that’s where I drew my inspiration for her hair. I wanted to showcase her beautiful brown hair against all the lighter palettes. I decided on soft, effortless waves worn falling behind the shoulders and back. The look is powerful yet soft, beautiful and feminine.” The style came together with René Furterer styling products and T3 Micro tools.
Keep scrolling for Cho’s step-by-steps to recreate Ana de Armas’s effortless Oscars hair.
Get the Look:
- On towel dried hair, I gently brushed out the hair out with a T3 detangling brush to ensure the product could be applied evenly.
- Next, I applied René Furterer STYLE Blowout Balm ($34.00) to smooth the hair, and misted the René Furterer STYLE Protect Thermal Protecting Spray ($36.00), to protect strands from the heat.
- Then, I blow dried her hair with a T3 blow-dryer and used a T3 round brush adding slight body and volume to the crown area, and to smooth the tips.
- Hair extensions were added for length, and I cut them to the desired length. We had Cher in mind while this was happening. 😉
- Starting at the nape, I used a curling iron to create soft, lived-in waves. I pinned each curl and let them cool, to set for the night ahead.
- Once the hair was set, I loosened up the curls and misted the hair with René Furterer STYLE Shine Mist ($34.00) and finalized the curls with René Furterer STYLE Finishing Spray ($34.00).
If you recreate this look for one of your next clients, or for yourself (which we’d love), be sure to tag @readthetease on Instagram or TikTok.