Angela Bassett and her longtime hairstylist Randy Stodghill have been absolutely killing it this award season, churning out one spectacular hair look after another. While it’s hard to pick a favorite one so far (we’re holding out for the Oscars!), the star’s gorgeous curls at the 2023 SAG Awards definitely rank high in our books.
Bassett, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, exuded regal energy from head-to-toe in an eye-catching yellow Giambattista Valli ruffled gown. Of course, a queen would be nothing without her crown so Stodghill made sure to style long, voluminous natural curls for the actress. “It’s whimsical!”, he told The Tease, speaking on the inspiration for the hairstyle.
Thankfully, we got Stodghill to fill us in exactly on how he created this dazzling look using Olivia Garden tools.
Get the Look:
- Start off by blow drying the hair with the soon-to-be-released Olivia Garden SuperHP Hair Dryer with the diffuser attachment “This dryer is amazing because of its ultra-lightweight design and high wattage that provides powerful but even airflow,” said Stodghill. “It is so quick and easy to use soI can get an effortless base for any look.”
- When the hair is dry, use the Olivia Garden Aurora OG Brush ($15.95) to relax the texture of the hair and prep it for the next step.
- Continue to style the hair once it is perfectly dry with the Olivia Garden Titanium +Ion 1.25” Curling Iron ($79.99) to add in some more defined waves and vary the texture throughout the hair. “The curling iron creates the perfect curls thanks to dual-heating properties,” explains Stodghill.
- Next, use the Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion Flat Iron ($129.95) to soften the front hairline and across the sides.
- For the finishing touch, Stodghill went back in with the Olivia Garden SuperHP Hair Dryer with the diffuser attachment to give it one last blast of volume and lock in the look.
If you recreate this look for your next clients, or for yourself, tag @readthetease on Instagram or TikTok!