If there’s a red carpet, model-activist Quannah Chasinghorse doesn’t miss. Case in point, the 2023 Met Gala. The Paul Mitchell Global Ambassador teamed up with the brand’s artistic director, Paula Peralta, to create a hairstyle that would compliment Chasinghorse’s Prabal Gurung gown. The result? A stunning look featuring forever long waves and delicate braids.
Keep scrolling for the step by step directly from Paula Peralta.
Get the Look:
- To prep, start with a strong foundation to maintain the style by applying Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam to clean, damp hair.
- Create a deep side part and blow-dry using Paul Mitchell ProTools Express Ion+ Hair Dryer and Paul Mitchell ProTools 427 Paddle Brush
- Create braid along the hairline by adding hair from the left side only and overdirecting hair toward the face with no elevation.
- Create a second braid behind the first one, overdirecting forward and adding from the left side only.
- On the other side of the parting, create a braid parallel to the parting, using the same technique, adding from only one side.
- Apply Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press to all of the hair.
- Starting at the nape, wave all of the hair using the Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Wave Press
- Spray Extra Body Finishing Spray to all of the hair and let it cool completely for hold and humidity resistance.
- Emulsify a small amount of Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops in hands and run through waves, creating a soft, airy texture.
If you recreate this look for your clients, or for yourself, tag @readthetease on Instagram or TikTok.